Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 5, 2014

losing weight, gaining confidence & exploring new worlds. [shrinking and growing I]

when i started this blog i wanted it to be one way how i could share my story with others who randomly stumbled over this little place i claim for myself and ideally help some people who are in the same situation as i was about two years ago.
well, looks like i got somewhat distracted with posting random stuff like music i appreciate, pictures from my travels and poems from writers i look up to. apparantly, posting things i like is much easier than writing about changes i underwent mentally and physically. however, if i want to do this i will just have to start somewhere i guess. so here goes:
almost two years ago now, i was at a point in my life where i just knew that i could not continue on the path i was on. When i bought me a scale on the 18th of june in 2012 i weighed 146.6 kilos. i had avoided weighing myself for a very long time before that so it was in a way unreal to look at this number but i remember that i did not despair over it. i knew that this had to change and i knew that it had to be not just another attempt at loosing a couple of kilos but a serious change in how i lived my life.
when i weighed myself this morning i was 77.2 kilos (i am quite tall. 1.79 m), which means that the amount of weight i have lost is just short of 70 kilos. i have achieved this weight loss in less than one and a half years and i have been able to keep the same weight for about a half a year now.
i am proud of what i achieved because i reached my goals through sheer willpower. i started eating healthy and i also started working out. simple as that.
however, as simple as my self-composed "program" was, the mental aspect was the most challenging one and during the past two years i learned a tremendous amount about myself.
losing weight has also given me not only confidence and a new way of thinking but also the experience of a new world opening up with so many possibilities and a new kind of freedom. 
on this blog i plan to write about different aspects of weight loss and touch on various bits and pieces of my journey in the hope that it might be of use to someone out there.
obviously, i will also keep getting distracted every now and then and post random stuff just because, well, it is a lot of fun creating my own little space here.


No comments:

Post a Comment